This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More


All adults & children are welcome to register here at Salford Medical Centre. If you wish to join our practice please attend the surgery between 8am & 6:30pm Monday to Friday to collect the registration forms. Each person who wishes to register will need to complete their own form.


All new patients are required to complete a GMS1 (purple) form and a New Patient Questionnaire. Copies of these forms are available from reception or in the "our documents" section of our website.


It is our practice policy that all new patients have to provide 2 forms of identification. This to ensure you are added to our system correctly and as evidence that you are living in our catchment area. Your ID will be photocopied and once your registration has been entered into our system the photocopy will be destroyed using our confidential waste system.


If you are over the age of 16 we require:

  1. Photo Identification - this can be a passport, driving lisence, or photo ID card (must have DOB on)
  2. Proof of address - this has to be a letter addressed to you and dated within the last 3 months and be from an official source such as the bank, council, jobcentre, your employer or a utility bill.

To register a child under the age of 16 we require:

  1. Either a birth certificate or a passport - we do not require proof of address for children.

If you attend without your ID then your forms will be given back to you until you have brought your ID to the surgery.




Are you ordinarily a resident in the UK? If not then please read below...


(an "ordinarily resident" means living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being)


On the back of the GMS1 form there are further questions for patients who are not ordinarily residents in the UK. Anyone in England can register with a GP practice and receive free medical care from us however if you do not ordinarily live in the UK you may be required to pay for NHS treatment from other services.

Choose font size: A A A

Total visitors:226054 | Disclaimer